Sunday, October 25, 2009

First Blog Dedication














Are you a rockhound or a beader? Well, I am. I have been a rock collector all my life. Love rocks and shells and seaweed and dirt & sand. I've been rock hunting since I was a kid. I never thought about my fascination with rocks and the earths' treasures in any way. I just loved them for there beauty and an occasional souvenier from a vacation. Now, I am surrounded by them everyday and I'm living my childhood dream of owning a rock shop!

Years ago, I would tag along with my sister D (pronounced Deeeeee), to bead shops. She beaded with needle and thread. Intricate pattern work, peyote stitches and such. Very impressive and beautiful, but I never took to it. The patience required for that kind of beading skipped over me in our family. I like projects that use stone beads (of course, rocks!) and don't take 6 months to complete. But that's just me.

I've had the pleasure of meeting so many people that share my enthusiasm about rock collecting and beading/jewelry making since opening my store. So I'm dedicating my blog to my treasured customers. You all have taught me so much about my lifelong passion. So, here's a forum, for anyone interested, let's talk Rocks, Beads, Creative Arts, etc., and let's share our stories with each other. I've got some doozies!

We'll be heading South on Monday to do holiday bead buying. My shopping list is huge this year and there are a number of personal requests to fill this go around. I'm so excited, because shopping for beads is one of the funnest things I get to do in this business. I always come away from a buying trip inspired and ready for new projects.

On the lookout this trip:
  • Chiastolite (Cross stone)
  • Charoite
  • Blue Topaz (lots of requests)
  • Bali beads that fit the Troll bracelets
  • Graduated bead strands in various stones

Shop will be closed on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th
Reopen Thursday 29th and back to usual schedule . . .
Mon - Fri 12:00 - 6:00
Tues PM bead class 7:00 - ?
Sat 10:00 - 5:00
Sun closed

Yours in rocks and beads,
Kathy


2 comments:

  1. i would love a "rocks for jocks" section.i have a bag of rocks and would love to scroll and find out what they are and their properties.gem of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need alpaca gear at the shop, because it is the best! lol

    ReplyDelete