Saturday, August 25, 2012

Progress - And How To Keep Your Dream Alive!

Well, as you know, it's been a very long time since my last post.  I'd love to be consistent with the blog.  I desire to blog about a different mineral and it's metaphysical properties each day.  And I will.  I will.
 What I've been busy doing is running the shop.  Retail.  Daily maintenance.  Whew!  It's exhausting.  Before I became a business owner, I spent my entire day producing - for other people.  I was successful.  I was a producer. I came in, I produced, I went home.  I was a representative - for them.  I produced, for them.  What I didn't do was sweep the floor, fill in backstock, clean the bathroom, change lightbulbs, change the ink in the printer, go to the bank, make signage....blah blah blah....This is the part of owning your own business that stinks.  It's no fun.  And it never ends.  If you don't do it, it won't get done.  If it doesn't get done - you'll look like a hack.  And even if you do get it done - sometimes..., you'll look like a hack.  You better have a good sense of humor.  You better be able to let some things go.  You better have a burning desire to keep going - tomorrow, I'll get that done... Tomorrow, I'll finish that project.  Tomorrow, I will shine brighter than I did today.  Tomorrow, I will make more money.  Tomorrow - I promise. 
   The shop has been busy.  New customers are finding the store - every week someone new! 
I'm not going to promise I'll keep this blog up regularly, but I will promise to give you excellent customer service when you come in to the store.  I'm still offering cool things that you can't find in your regular haunts.  I'm still so very grateful for your consideration and your patronage.  I hope you all are doing well in your lives and I hope to see you one day very soon.  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment