Saturday, December 19, 2009

SNOW!!

I have to, I just have to . . . "giddie up, giddie up, giddie up let's goooooooooooo . . . . let's go to the shoooooooooooooooow . . . . . . . . it's a winter wonderland of snoooooooooooooooow"
"giddie up, giddie up, giddie up it's graaaaaaand, just holding your haaaaaaaaaand . . . "

I think of "White Christmas" andAlign Center the song the chicks sang "Sisters" - gotta get Diann to remind me of the words . . .

The weather peeps are calling this the "storm of the century", not since the 70's . . .
Really?????????? What a rip-off, we waited each year for one all through the 80's and 90's, we talked about how great the storms "used" to be when we were kids, then that El Nino thing happened and nothing. Zippo, no snow. I had to stretch a "flurry" event . . . into "Gee, I just can't risk driving in this baaaaaaad weather so, um, can't show up for work . . . ."


Ahhhhhh, the storms of the 70's . . . my 13th birthday, which is THE birthday of a little girls life, was a sleepover . . . we got 2-3 feet dumped on us . . . One by one, the cancellations came in, I was crushed . . . who cared about the week off from school, it was my very important day after all. I was turning 13 on the 13th . . . probably the only time I ever hated snow!

The house we grew up in on Harwood Place in Springfield, Virginia had a huge hill on the side of the yard. Great hill for sledding, NO KIDDING!
Missy & I were sledding one day, on a super long sled, I remember we thought it was 12 feet long, it was probably only 3 or 4 feet long, anyway, we both fit on it. We managed to wear a path down our hill to the point that it became a race track, so slick and fast, and of course the faster you went the funner it was. Well the last run of the day, we didn't know it was gonna be the last run of the day, we went down that hill so fast, that we ended up crashing into the neighbors fence and straight through to their yard . . . You had to be there moment, I know, but almost 40 years later, we still laugh as hard as we did then . . .
We never did admit to the damage we caused their fence, it forever became our, "what fence? moment . . . I love that story . . .

I love Snow!

yours in beads and rocks,
kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment