Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tucson Gem Show - 2011

I am so happy right now! I am packing and getting ready to leave tomorrow morning (earrrrrrly) for the Gem Show. I found a new hair stylist that I love (a sign of good luck - to me) and I know it is a good sign for the coming year - the year of the Rabbit.

I just checked on our digs - Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.....Helllllllllllllllllo! This place is amazing. I've been visiting Tucson since my little sister, D, moved there 25 years ago, and I never saw the Catalinas like this. It's gorgeous and sooooo green, which worries me because of the water, but I am a worrier so it comes natural for me. I do love the decadence, I revel in the decadence, I want the decadence, so once a year, I accept, and pretend, and enjoy!

Packing is fun. The cats hate it. They know. They plan their retribution while we pack. "You will pay". Oh well, I'm preparing for the snub. I'll think of that later.

Customers are calling with their shopping lists. I love it so much. It makes me feel like my business is making an impact on people. They tell me they wish they could come with me. I live for this. I want to buy for everyone that puts in a request, and I do. My customers have shaped my store since the beginning. They are the ones who created the bead shop by buying out of my personal stash. It was meant to be. All of it was meant to be. I'm very grateful.

yours in rocks and beads,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment