Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tucson Gem Show - Recap

Hi Everyone,

Well, that was fast! Our visit to Tucson has come and gone already. Really?, it's over????
I'm always amazed at the speed of having fun. Why do the work days seem endless, and the fun days seem to go by in a blink???
The Gem Show, for us, is over for the year. I always hope that next year we will have more time, and more money. One can dream. One can dream.

We met and did business with a few new vendors. Love them all. I am always drawn to small businesses because I am one. I will do what I can to help them grow and prosper. We shop with some biggies, but my heart is with the little guy. This is the "guy" that puts everything available for sale on the table. This is the guy who has no website, has run out of business cards - or scratches out phone numbers on old business cards to save a buck and is so humbled by your purchase, he shakes your hand twice at the end of the sale. I am honored to do business with these people. Dyed in the wool retailers. True blue salespeople - love you so much! I will stick to you like glue on paper. Bravo, to your tireless enthusiasm! Keep on truckin'

Robert Simmons

I recognized him in the corridor of the hotel. He was coming down the stairs as Bain & I were going up to his room. I think I startled him. He was on his way out to his car to retrieve his phone when I said, "are you Robert Simmons?" I could tell he was trying to place the face so I quickly told him I "recognized him from the Gem Show Guide" and was honored to meet him. He was thrilled to be recognized. He is such a nice man. I was so pleasantly surprised by his ease and gregarious nature....and I felt his energy. This man is full of light and life. He is a happy man. He is a "boy in a candy store" sort. I sensed from him that all his education and experience was not what he was about; that it was about "right now" that was important. We hugged at the end of my visit. I won't forget it, ever.

What did I buy from him? A thimble of what he represents. I wanted everything. I wanted the Illuminite sphere he showed me in the bathroom. Yes, I went into the bathroom with Robert Simmons. The sphere (1 of 11 in the world) glows in the dark. It is a natural mineral and it glows blue in pitch black. Gorgeous! Jaw dropping! I am in awe. The color was blue, like tourmaline blue, but glowing. Can you picture it? I took a picture of him holding it. He was also holding a specimen he claimed was his favorite, a huge crystal of Kunzite & Hiddenite.

I brought back samples of Azeztulite, Merlinite, Kuprite, Danburite & Anandalite to name a few. All his recent favorites. I met Burch, who is partnered with him. Burch was such a kind and gentle soul. He was so excited to learn that people in The Ohio Valley are awake, and waking up. I was proud to represent the folks here, they need to know we are alive and participating in metaphysical healing. He gave us a great deal on Tanzanite Topaz. Love that guy. The rock room was so electric with energy that I had a hard time concentrating. It's the same buzz I feel when I'm in the fossil tents. Make the sound zzzzzzzzz and that's how it feels all over to me. Its' freaky. When we left, it was as if we had been in a spa. Peaceful easy feeling. I'm definitely going to attend one of his seminars and will post information on it when I get it. Stay tuned, as he changes his venue each time to accommodate people from around the country.

more later......

No comments:

Post a Comment