Wednesday, February 16, 2011

School

The Desert Beckons is going to school today! I'm nervous....I want to impress the kids. Thankfully, the rocks do this for me. It's so much fun to see a kid look at an Amethyst geode and just gaze into it and wonder. "How do they make this?" "Did you make this?" "Can I have this?" I love to ask them which one is their favorite. The girls choose anything pink or purple. The boys go for the fossils and the Primordial Ooze. They all say "this one", "no, that one".... It's awe inspiring.
I know this, teachers are cool. It takes a special person to be one. It takes someone with a mountain of energy to be one. I don't know how they do it. These people are shaping the minds of our youth so why don't we pay them well? It's mind blowing that they get very little in exchange for what they do for the kids. They all spend their own money to make their lesson plans better. Every teacher I've met in my life has said "I love my job". Can you say this?

yours in rocks and beads,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment